Friday, April 25, 2014

Turning Seventeen (free choice)

One more year... One more year before I am fudged. The time is almost coming where I'm going to have to start paying my own bills and finding my own way around this world, with a little help from my parents. It's something everyone looks forward to, but I happen to not want it to come so quickly and enjoy my last year of being a teenager.

Turning eighteen comes with a lot of responsibility but also comes with a lot of freedom. This is the age where if you happen to do something lawfully wrong it will forever stay on your record and it will be with you everywhere you go. I remember when I was younger oh how I couldn't wait to grow up and be eighteen and move out and live happily ever after. Though when I turned 13 life struck me at the door and I knew it wasn't going to be easy turing eighteen. I knew that  once I turned eighteen all my irresponsible actions would be a danger to me. I don't only tend to look at it the negative way but also at all the good benefits that come from it. Being eighteen gives me the chance to learn how to be completely independent before i end my teen ages. I will already be out of high school, which means that I will already be working at a medium wage job to pay for all my needed expenses. Perhaps it may not be a medium wage job depending on how well I finish off high school and what type of job i apply for. Deep down I know I'll get through this as smoothly as possible because I know I have people on my side who wouldn't mind helping me through some of the rough patches I encounter.

This is the time of my life where my real life begins. I always try my best to look at the positives of turning eighteen since there is no running away from it. Only if we could slow down time or make it go backwards to where I could've done way more things that i had wanted to in my teenage years. I sometimes wish I could be like Peter Pan and move to Neverland so that I could never grow up and stay young forever, but I know I can't. This is going to be one hell of a ride..


No comments:

Post a Comment